Skip to main content

What kind of Boss are you?


Psalm 123 ‘Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
If our eyes wait upon the Lord our God then we are settled because he dwells on high, in the heavens, far above all principalities and powers. God knows everything that is going on because everything is beneath him so don’t worry about anything God is in absolute control.
As I thought about this verse of scripture ‘Just as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden looks unto the hand of her mistress so our eyes wait on the Lord’, I could only Imagine if God was like us ‘THE BOSS’.  I began to ask myself questions like what annoys me most about my domestic staff at home and what do I like about them just to have an idea of how God feels about me sometimes and maybe also like and dislikes about me. So I listed them one by one
Things I don’t like that that my domestic staff do
1.      I don’t like it when they do things without asking me first for clarification, for example throwing something away that I still want, if only they had asked me first.
2.      I don’t like it when they are lazy.
3.      I don’t like it when they are getting busy with things they shouldn’t be getting busy with especially when I need them to help me out with something I consider more important at the time even after informing them previously about this important task.
4.      I don’t like it when they are ungrateful
5.      I don’t like it when they steal my things or take things without asking me first.
6.      I don’t like it when they are impatient.
7.      I don’t like it when they gossip

Things they do that I like
1.      I like it when they are hardworking
2.      I like it when they are open with me and they can tell me anything
3.      I like it when they are themselves with me, no airs, no pretence
4.      I like it when they are genuinely grateful
5.      I like it when they are teachable
6.       I like it when they are humble
7.      I like it when they are honest
8.      I like it when they know what I want done per time
9.      I like it when they show respect
1.  I like it when they take correction without grumbling
1.  I like it when they improve and get better with time by learning from past mistakes and rebukes, I don’t want to keep rebuking them for the same thing I rebuked them for last year I expect growth.
2.  I like it when they look clean and tidy and smell nice.
3.  I like it when they pay attention to detail
1.  I like it when they are happy and cheerful

When I was done writing I finally for once in my life realised, I was such a lousy boss, I expect all these from my workers, but I fail every time with my father in heaven. What an eye opener this was for me. If this is what I expect from my members of staff then God expects this from me too. Imagine if God scolded us or was always so mad at us whenever we failed. When our members of staff fail, do we respond with kindness and grace?  do we show love like God does? do we care about their life outside work, and their physical, social and mental health? A good boss is tough when needed but this is always the last resort when other positive strategies have failed. Do we encourage them to be the best they can be? do we live for the benefits of our members of staff? to see that they are saved and fulfil their own destinies? We are all perfectly unique which means we will do things differently, so because sometimes they don’t do things like us doesn’t make them bad or incompetent, it just means they are wired uniquely differently. Our God in heaven is the perfect boss, but we can be that kind of Boss too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swift as the Eagle

The fourth face of the living creatures described in Ezekiel 1 and Revelations 4 is the face of an Eagle. Eagles are very majestic birds, they are swift, very fast and very sharp, they are high flyers and they have very sharp vision. Eagles don’t operate on the low level like other birds they fly very high and they do not mingle with other types of birds. Spiritual eagles work together to bring about the purpose of God here on earth An eagle swiftly swoops on its prey and takes it high up in the sky just as Jesus is swift in dealing with his enemies. An eagle can fly across a lake in less than one minute when searching for prey. The eagle is swift because it knows it doesn’t have all the time, and if the eagle is swift it means that it is very difficult to catch. Jesus came to the world and did his work swiftly, his 30 years here on earth was swift but very effective, as spiritual eagles we also have to be swift to hear and swift to do that which God has called us to do. If we m

REST IN GOD

  Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. There is a rest for the people of God, but many haven’t entered this rest. Jesus Christ is asking us to come to His rest and to find rest for our souls. Are we troubled? anxious? or fearful? God is calling us into His rest. Are we encumbered by the concerns of this life? E.g school fees, house rent, bills to pay, a troubled marriage, etc. Jesus is saying do your best and leave the rest to me. Worrying too much about all these things will not make much of a difference, instead, we must live and walk by faith, this is the only condition to entering the rest of the Lord. Knowing without a shadow of a doubt that of a truth

Worth more than rubies

  A dear customer of mine who has become a dear friend called me up one day and said she would like to make some items for her family members using the colours of their birthstones. These are precious stones that are associated with different months, for example, amethyst is the birthstone for those born in February, and diamond is the birthstone for those born in April. This would be one of the most exciting projects that I have ever embarked upon, also because before this time I didn’t know much about precious stones. I have seen and read about them, even in the bible but never given much attention to them by looking them up to see what they really look like. The only precious stone I am familiar with is the diamond, I guess this is because it’s the most popular, and the one most people wear. After concluding that project, anytime I stumbled on precious stones in the bible I got very curious. Revelations 21: 14-27 talks about the New Jerusalem ‘Now the wall of the city had 12 found