Skip to main content

A LITTLE WHILE...


Yet for a little while you made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honour. Heb 2:7 NLT. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude Psalm 39:5NLT. O LORD, what are human beings that you should notice them, mere mortals that you should think about them? For they are like a breath of air; their days are like a passing shadow. Psalm 144:3-4 NLT

Man is nothing but a breath. A breath sometimes takes less than a second, but a hundred years to God is only a little while compared to eternity. Our entire lifetime is just a little while to God.
Because Jesus Christ died on the cross, because he overcame death and sin we now have authority over all things, and when it says all things it means there is nothing left out. The Glory we see here on earth for a little while is nothing compared to the Glory and honor waiting for us in eternity. We have authority over ALL things not only in this temporary world but in the world to come. We have authority over death, and we can speak life into anything that is dieing or that is dead, and it will come alive. We can win here and in eternity.
Don’t spend your little while here on earth focusing on things that have no eternal value. What are you doing for a little while here on earth? Jesus came to earth just for a little while and he made such a huge impact, generations and generations unborn are still impacted by the legacy he lived. What legacy are you living for just a little while?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord of Hosts!

  According to Mariam Webster’s dictionary Hosts can be defined as a great number or a multitude. In the bible, hosts and armies are used interchangeably.   For example, A host of angels or an army of angels. Psalm 103:21 Yes, praise the LORD, you armies of angels who serve him and do his will! The host of angels do His pleasure, they are stationed to do God's will all the time and they are mandated to do what pleases God. Psalm 148 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens! Praise him from the skies! Praise him, all his angels! Praise him, all the armies of heaven! Praise him, sun and moon! Praise him, all you twinkling stars! Praise him, skies above! Praise him, vapors high above the clouds! Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being. He set them in place forever and ever. His decree will never be revoked. Praise the LORD from the earth, you creatures of the ocean depths, fi...

EMMANUEL; GOD WITH US.

  In times of uncertainty, especially in these times when the world seems so bleak, and everything seems hopeless. It is refreshing to know that God is with us. It is also a time when some have questioned “Is God really with me?” “Why am I going through all that I am going through?” The answer is YES, God is with us. Because we are going through a difficult time, does not mean that God is not with us, and even if we have no problems and life is all rosy now it does not mean God is not with us. God created us to dwell inside of us, so God wants to be with us. Matthew 1; 23 Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel which is translated God with us. God is surely with us, but what do we do with His presence in our lives? I remember when I was about 6 years old my dad bought me a hand sewing machine, I am not sure why he bought it for me at that time but I was excited about it, I loved it, but guess what, I never used it. It was too ...

BREAD OF LIFE

Last week I had been studying about the Bread of Life and so when I picked up my timetable to check what topic I would be teaching my children in Sunday school, you can imagine the joy I felt when I realised it would be the Bread of Life. God must really be interested in this topic I thought, and we had an amazing time with children on Sunday. Man is naturally a hungry being, always hungry for food. And even after eating a horse like we usually say when we are so hungry, give it a few more hours and we are hungry again. Exodus 25: 30 the showbread was set before God always. Jesus Christ represents the bread that is set before God continually, so if we have Jesus in us it means that our lives are continually set before God. John 6; 53 Jesus said except ye eat of the flesh of the son of man ye have no life in you, so if we do not eat this bread which symbolises Jesus then we have no life in us and because we have no life our lives are not set on the table before God always like th...