Skip to main content

Dealing with Failure....


A few days ago, as I was watching TBN and the preacher was talking about failure and how we as Christians constantly fail and get back up again. He also quoted that ‘Christians will continue to fail until we become just like Christ’.
And I thought to myself ‘fail always?’ ‘Ah no oh, I can’t fail because God didn’t promise me that, ‘I will not fail’, ‘I am not going to fail’. I was already beginning to feel very uncomfortable with the sermon, so I didn’t watch it to the end. As  I went about my day that same day I heard God say to me have you forgotten how you fail almost every second of the day? yes you fail in your thoughts and in the meditations of your heart and they are loud before me. It was not the outward failure that the preacher was referring to, it was failure in our hearts, because God does not judge us outwardly but inwardly. I realised suddenly that oh yes! I do fail every day, and if God judges us inwardly and not outwardly like man does Ah! I probably fail every 2 seconds oh!
Are you like me sometimes? but you may feel like you have confessed the same sin to God so many times and you are wondering if you would ever break out of the vicious cycle? The answer is in your own strength you can never do it. For us to be more like Jesus we must come to the full realisation that we cannot do anything in our own strength and that only God can help us.
Philippians 3:12 -13 ‘I admit that I haven’t yet acquired the absolute fullness that I’m pursuing but I run with passion into his abundance so that I may reach the purpose that Jesus Christ has called me to fulfil and wants me to discover. I don’t depend on my strength to accomplish this however I do have one compelling focus, I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead.’ TPT
We must never dwell on our failures and say to ourselves ‘I will never make it or I can never be who God says I will be.’ but to rise up and be determined to succeed in this Christian race, determine to succeed in the battlefield of our minds, to guard our hearts so jealously so that we just don’t let anything come in and if perhaps it has come in we need to drive it out immediately because everything we do flows from it Prov 4: 23-27.
We have to be true to ourselves, keep talking to God about it, call it by its name you know the thoughts or the sin that you are battling with. Say ‘God you know who I am, I am a ….’ You know what you do and who you are, own up to it God knows anyway. We must accept that we are only human and that our failures do not and will never change the love that God has for us.
In the verses quoted above, Paul forgets the past because the past is the past and can never change so why focus on it? we can only ask God for forgiveness and press on toward the ultimate goal which is gaining Christ. Phil 4; 6-9. ‘Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally brethren whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praise worthy- meditate on these things.  NKJV
So brothers and sisters whenever you find yourself in this vicious cycle don’t be sad, frustrated, worried, or depressed but firstly, Pray let your request be known to God and thank God for answered prayers , secondly, reject the bad thoughts as often as necessary and ponder on these things (just, noble, pure, lovely, good, virtues, praiseworthy), and the God of peace will be with you, and lastly fill your mind with the word of God. God is not done with you yet so don’t be hard on yourself but rejoice again I say REJOICE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swift as the Eagle

The fourth face of the living creatures described in Ezekiel 1 and Revelations 4 is the face of an Eagle. Eagles are very majestic birds, they are swift, very fast and very sharp, they are high flyers and they have very sharp vision. Eagles don’t operate on the low level like other birds they fly very high and they do not mingle with other types of birds. Spiritual eagles work together to bring about the purpose of God here on earth An eagle swiftly swoops on its prey and takes it high up in the sky just as Jesus is swift in dealing with his enemies. An eagle can fly across a lake in less than one minute when searching for prey. The eagle is swift because it knows it doesn’t have all the time, and if the eagle is swift it means that it is very difficult to catch. Jesus came to the world and did his work swiftly, his 30 years here on earth was swift but very effective, as spiritual eagles we also have to be swift to hear and swift to do that which God has called us to do. If we m

REST IN GOD

  Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. There is a rest for the people of God, but many haven’t entered this rest. Jesus Christ is asking us to come to His rest and to find rest for our souls. Are we troubled? anxious? or fearful? God is calling us into His rest. Are we encumbered by the concerns of this life? E.g school fees, house rent, bills to pay, a troubled marriage, etc. Jesus is saying do your best and leave the rest to me. Worrying too much about all these things will not make much of a difference, instead, we must live and walk by faith, this is the only condition to entering the rest of the Lord. Knowing without a shadow of a doubt that of a truth

Worth more than rubies

  A dear customer of mine who has become a dear friend called me up one day and said she would like to make some items for her family members using the colours of their birthstones. These are precious stones that are associated with different months, for example, amethyst is the birthstone for those born in February, and diamond is the birthstone for those born in April. This would be one of the most exciting projects that I have ever embarked upon, also because before this time I didn’t know much about precious stones. I have seen and read about them, even in the bible but never given much attention to them by looking them up to see what they really look like. The only precious stone I am familiar with is the diamond, I guess this is because it’s the most popular, and the one most people wear. After concluding that project, anytime I stumbled on precious stones in the bible I got very curious. Revelations 21: 14-27 talks about the New Jerusalem ‘Now the wall of the city had 12 found